View Single Post
      05-15-2020, 07:33 PM   #267
2020g20
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
I honestly don't think some cars have the problem and some cars don't. I think it's the same, but location plays such a big factor as well as how much someone even notices something like this. I'd wager that the few people who have said they have zero issues with a 20% ceramic tint, if I actually showed them what the issue is there would probably be a lot of head scratching (and many people wishing they had never seen it lol).
100% agree, and have been saying this since the beginning. A major variable here is human perception. Someone who says they have 20-30% ceramic tint and "no dimming issues" simply isn't noticing the dimming issues, more than likely because they haven't bothered or don't care enough to do any tests that allow for an A/B comparison (plus the human eyes and brain really suck at providing quantifiable data). But hey at the end of the day, if your screens stay bright enough for your own personal preferences, that's all that really matters. But to say you don't have the dimming issue is false. I promise you it's there. It affects ALL models of BMW with the new digital dash, as they're all using the same related components and code. I've personally studied/recorded it (with a light meter) in multiple G20s, two X5s, an X7 and an X3...several of which had zero front window tint.

2020 X5, zero tint on front windows, door wide open, moderately sunny day...and the display still dims out hardcore within 10 seconds after removing the IR blaster:

Last edited by 2020g20; 05-15-2020 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5270.00