View Single Post
      05-15-2020, 08:26 PM   #268
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020g20 View Post
100% agree, and have been saying this since the beginning. A major variable here is human perception. Someone who says they have 20-30% ceramic tint and "no dimming issues" simply isn't noticing the dimming issues, more than likely because they haven't bothered or don't care enough to do any tests that allow for an A/B comparison (plus the human eyes and brain really suck at providing quantifiable data). But hey at the end of the day, if your screens stay bright enough for your own personal preferences, that's all that really matters. But to say you don't have the dimming issue is false. I promise you it's there. It affects ALL models of BMW with the new digital dash, as they're all using the same related components and code. I've personally studied/recorded it (with a light meter) in multiple G20s, two X5s, an X7 and an X3...several of which had zero front window tint.

2020 X5, zero tint on front windows, door wide open, moderately sunny day...and the display still dims out hardcore within 10 seconds after removing the IR blaster:
We're definitely on the same page on this. Hopefully the amount of testing both of us have done can help make some informed decisions for others. Like you said, some don't notice or care. Ignorance is bliss.