02-24-2014, 10:28 AM   #199
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
I did - I watched Malone/Stockton kill the Rockets in 3 different decades.

the Jazz are the most hated NBA Team by Rockets fans, by far....

fuck Hornacek and Russell too....

they beat the Rockets in the playoffs in 95, 97 and 98....

only teams that the Rockets had that could beat the Jazz was when Dream proved he was the craftiest and sickest post move center to ever play the game when they went back to back in 1993 and 1994....

Malone couldn't move dude - he had a beautiful shot, but his feet were made out of cinder blocks....

I'm so glad that Malone and Stockton retired some ringless shitbirds....
Dude, Cheetos, you're out of your mind if you think he was comparable to Kendrick Perkins in athletic ability.

Malone and Duncan are either #1 or #2 at the power forward position for the modern era (possibly all-time). He was a career 25ppg/10trb type of guy. Kendrick Perkins is a defensive liability, and offensive amateur. He has never had the type of effect on the game that the Mailman had and I question the mental capacity of anyone who would seriously compare them as players.

Offensively, Malone was the prototype for guys like KG, and Duncan who came after him. A silky shooter from 10 to 20 feet. An excellent post scorer. He could back you up, and fade away, or he could come up and under and finish. More than likely, he would just crash on you with a dunk. Let me know when Kendrick Perkins could ever in his entire career be as lethal a scorer as the Mailman.

Defensively, Malone wasn't a rim protector, but he was a great on ball/post defender and he was very good within the team concept as well. To ignore his defensive ability because he wasn't a shot blocker/rim protector is foolish. I am old enough to have watched Malone play in his PRIME and I remember all too well how many times he stripped players, pulled the chair, pushed them off of the block, made his rotations and took charges. He was a great defender, just not a shot blocker/rim protector.

Anyone who saw him play knows he is 10x the player Kendrick Perkins is, and ever will be. That comparison is asinine.

Here's a glimpse of a 33 year old Karl Malone giving Jordan and his Bulls all they could handle in the 1997 Finals (the same year Karl Malone won the league MVP):

"as athletic as Kendrick Perkins"

LOL

Last edited by MediaArtist; 02-24-2014 at 10:39 AM..
Appreciate 0