View Single Post
      12-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #75
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mookie45 View Post
I hope your profession is not a lawyer. If so, you may want to consider a career change ASAP.

I never said anything about Winston getting away with rape and being happy about it. You have misinterpreted once again buddy. The facts were presented in the court of law, and there was no conclusive evidence to charge him or they definitely would have. Rape is a serious crime. I would never downplay a victim of rape.

It's ironic how meaningless this is to you when you have devoted so much time to this thread. Thanks for the reputation points btw.

Also, FSU football is very precious to me.

Maybe you haven't had the opportunity to experience or actually appreciate being a part of a huge football program, not just one player of the game. Being inside a jam packed stadium with 84,000 fans full of energy is life changing. Try it someday if you're actually passionate about the sport, hopefully you comprehend.
is that so? that's news to me that there was a court set for this...the facts are here...there were significant conflicts and inconsistencies in investigating the accusations. Read the paragraphs:

In March 2013, a grand jury investigating police misconduct in an unrelated matter called police supervision “careless, uncaring, cavalier and incompetent.” The grand jury said supervisory deficiencies were so deeply ingrained that the city police, which has more than 350 sworn officers, should merge with the sheriff’s department, with the sheriff assuming overall control.

Late last year, Mr. Winston’s accuser and another Florida State student filed internal-affairs complaints, charging that Tallahassee police officers had investigated them, rather than the accused, and then prematurely dropped their cases.

“My attorney’s repeated calls to Tallahassee Police Department prove that I had not dropped the case,” Mr. Winston’s accuser wrote in her Dec. 19 complaint.

Two days earlier, the other student had written, “Why did the detective insist my case was closed and refused to answer calls and emails?” She added, “I am SO ANGRY!”

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...ston.html?_r=0

You guys have a police department that obviously defends the most serious crimes conducted by football players. They must be gods.

84,000 fans, been there, done that...though admittedly I haven't attended a CFB game where the attendance was below 100,000 fans...wonder what that's like..., quiet I would imagine.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 12-09-2014 at 06:26 PM..
Appreciate 0