Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
Red:
What would be the charge? Unethical, yes. Criminal? I don't think so, or more accurately, I haven't seen evidence that supports that claim.

Blue:
No. In spite of however theoretically plausible it might be that the parties involved have cheated in other ways, that they have/do in isn't a logical conclusion one can draw for the fact that they cheated re: ball inflation. I'm certainly willing to reprimand them and decry specific act(s) of cheating of which I'm aware, but I'm also willing to be fair, even to those whom I can plainly see don't play fair. That's part of what makes my character better than theirs, and I'm about to become one of their ilk by being unfair, even to they who probably don't deserve my equanimity. You can if you want, but I will not.

All the best.
You do make very good points but I would day in response.

Red;
Firstly, spygate was lied about, they never were summoned to court and evidence was destroyed by the NFL. As for the charges; I would think defrauding the public should constitute criminal charges. Viewers are legally betting, paying for tickets and watching the advertisements of an event which is thought to be and is represented by the NFL as fair. Blatantly cheating to manipulate the outcome of a public events which gross billion's of $revenue per annum, should constitute fraud. Criminal prosecution was used in the past on athletes who have altered their performance and as a result the outcome of games. Non sports example; If Coca-cola were to represent their cola product as cocaine free to gain the trust and money of users and an employee began to infuse cocaine into the mixture, would their be grounds for criminal action against said employee and corporation by the end users? I would think so.

Blue;

I agree, the basis for that statement was purely circumstantial.
Appreciate 0