View Single Post
      05-24-2019, 12:38 PM   #43
jwh335i
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

BMW incentive is 4K off at 4.89% financing (assuming your credit score qualifies). It turns out I was off by $500: Crevier just took 4.4% off MSRP ($3000). They told me it was 5% but I guess that was not true.
So it was $7000 off of MSRP after incentives. That is 10% off of MSRP after incentives.

Not a great deal but as I indicated you will have weak willpower once you test drive. The trouble is the car is brand new so the dealers in Orange County are holding out to see how the market is. I bet by the end of the year you will save another $3000. But I was in a bad place, my 335i just had AM/FM radio after the satellite module went out, it was depressing to drive around listening to AM talk radio. And the water pump was due for replacement at 144,000 miles. The first one went out at 70,000 miles just a few weeks before my CPO warranty expired. So I figured the replacement prolly had the same lifetime in it of 70,000 miles, the water pump was on borrowed time.

The joy of driving the M340i covers the pain of not getting a killer deal at Crevier. It will put a smile on your face. It is hard for me not to punch the accelerator but the owners manual says you should hold off the first 1200 miles. There is a lot of superstition behind the break-in period, I am not sure it is warranted. But it is tough to take a chance so I have only goosed it once so far but it was remarkably faster than my 335i. The open differential on the 335i and lack of all-wheel drive prevents you from using all that horsepower.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50