Rep
Drives: G20 330Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoney View Post
Hi guys, new to this forum.

I have a 2020 m340i that came with summer tires with these specs:
Front:225/40-R19 Runflat
Rear: 255/35-R19 Runflat

I got aftermarket Winter rims and tires that are 225/45-R18 Runflat. Everything fits really well and had no issue with installation. I also got TPMS sensors which supposedly came preprogrammed.

Problem is iDrive is not automatically sensing the tires. I went through the reset process on iDrive but it says "tires not recognized." When I view the TPMS screen, it says TPMS active and displays tire pressures and temperatures for each tire. I don't have any low tire pressure alerts showing up or error messages.

I took it to the dealership to be checked out and they claim I need official BMW TPMS sensors otherwise TPMS will not work correctly or detect a flat. This will cost almost $1000 for parts and labour.

I don't really know what the right thing to do here is...do I need the dealer sensors or is there something else that needs to be done??

Thanks
Here is a link to illustrate why under automatic settings it may not recognize unless setup at BMW dealership:

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/g...rol/1VndZGlWdh

From the procedure video you can see the RDC tool is used to scan the QR Code of tire to program which I think only BMW dealership has the equipment...

Last edited by WXdrivefun; 10-28-2019 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0