Crazy Penguin
Banned
Rep
Drives: Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VipinLJ View Post
So I tried using Bimmercode today after a while because my auto start stop memory stopped working and I have a couple of new issues.
A bit of history first. I tried flashing my car with a BM3 tune a few weeks back and it was like opening Pandora's box. It messed up the ECU settings (and my car didn't get flashed either). I have an "i" on my instrument cluster which is a check control message saying car cannot be started in gear and also throws a similar message/notification on the idrive (this also happened when I tried flashing my car and now that message does not go away). Since it doesn't affect drivability or anything other than that annoying message every time I start my car, I thought I'd let it be and wait till the first service. Unfortunately for me, today I had a Eureka moment and thought I'd restore the old DME settings to try and get rid of the "i" since I thought it was related to me enabling ASS memory and restoring settings would get rid of it.
I connected Bimmercode and tried restoring settings. It said restoring failed. I tried a few times and same thing.
So I went into the Engine control unit option and saw that ASS memory was not active. I had also activated sound on engaging reverse gear (since I had it in my VWs long ago and I liked it). I set it to active and hit code. It coded it, restarted the ECU and bam. It erased everything in the cluster memory and said Service indicator not found (basically, the message on the instrument cluster that says Service in xxxx miles when you turn the car on). Also, I found 4 new notifications saying brake fluid change in _ _ _ _, oil change in _ _ _ _ and service in _ _ _ _. The blanks are supposed to be the remaining miles before service but it erased it. So now, not only did the "i" check control message not go, I also lost all service reminders.

My question is. How do I get it to show the miles before service, brake fluid etc on the cluster? Any idea? I don't want to take it in to the service centre in case they dig deep and find out I've been messing with the car big time. But if there's no other option, I'll have to wait till the first service I guess.

Also, is there any app that can read and clear error codes on a BMW? Can esys do that? VAG has obdeleven which is extremely useful and I could clear codes as well as do coding on my A4 and other Audis. So so so much better than Bimmercode.

I'm at my wit's end. Sometimes I wish I could go back in time and not try and flash my car
It's time to go to the Dealer. Easy fix for them.
Yeah the service interval will populate once they perform service and update.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1936.50