02-28-2020, 06:46 PM   #79
-EndOfAnEra-
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
The lower the offset number the more the wheel pokes outward from the brakes. I would not buy any wheels with an offset higher (more inward) than OEM, especially considering brake clearance. How far you potentially can lower the offset depends on your fender clearance and your personal aesthetic taste. On most cars you're safe to decrease offset by 10mm and can go farther out of there is fender space and you like the look. People who use spacers effectively lower their offset by pushing the wheel out 10-20 mm. I personally don't recommend using spacers because they can be a hassle in multiple ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnough007 View Post
Offset of 30 is the lowest I would want to go on an 8.5 wheel up front. Leaving very little room for any tire at et35. The 8” wide with et. 30 fits the 245 wide perfectly. Et25 would have been a little better up front for a more flush fit but, that wasn’t an option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
Here's my favorite resource for comparing wheel/tire fitment.

https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp
Thanks very much for all that information!
Appreciate 0