2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewM3driver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded View Post
My leased cars I just torture. And I mean torture. That's enough for me.

You could probably flash it and get away with it… As long as it doesn't blow up.
Leasing is simply an alternative way to finance your car. The car is still yours. It makes things easier when it is time to get a new one.

I always treat my lease cars as if they were my own. I like well cared for cars. They are more enjoyable to drive that way.

Further, lease prices are driven by residual value. BMWs tend to have strong residuals which in turn results in a less expensive lease.

If all people beat on their cars- the cars will not be worth as much when returned- the residual % will eventually go down (BMW isn't going to lose money)- the lease price on your next car (and MY next car) will go up.

Most folks that can afford to buy or lease a BMW or any other luxury vehicle just by nature take care of their things.

Torturing a lease vehicle is much the same as trashing a luxury hotel room. Luckily, folks that can afford to stay in nice places just naturally know enough to respect them.
Agreed except for the last part. On the outside the vehicle will be flawless but dying on the inside. Kind of like an alcoholic that still looks good.
Appreciate 0