View Single Post
      02-15-2024, 08:12 AM   #17
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK479 View Post
From what I have always understood about the xdrive on the 3 is that there is a rear wheel drive bias. I though about 60 percent of the rear drive.

It may feel like RWD but those front wheels are always gripping and calculating. I believe it’s much more than 1 percent front wheel drive.

Perhaps searching this forum could bring up a better explanation.
Get the app called protool by bimmergeeks. You can read front wheel torque with protool. When going straight and not accelerating, in my car front wheel torque is 0 the whole time. Only reads a non zero number when accelerating and turning.

This is suggestive when my car's rear end went sideways at 55mph when driving straight onto loose tarmac (roadworks) from normal tarmac. Traction control was fully on also. In the rain the rear also goes sideways randomly when I was sure there wasn't any visible puddles. TC fully on.

However people have said European traction control is different from American traction control. But I doubt that has anything to do with power sent to wheels while driving straight.

I have to say that Americans report driving around in the snow with all season tires with no issue so I'm not sure how that is possible with RWD. So maybe your cars are different.

Despite that if you think you can drift then you're also wrong. Try as I may as soon as I turn the wheels power gets sent to the front and it won't drift drift.

Last edited by G30M; 02-15-2024 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0