View Single Post
      10-01-2022, 05:47 PM   #41
edycol
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterBanks View Post
My thought is that it's not worth my time to change my own oil because of the cost of doing it myself is very close to what the dealer would charge. For example Bimmerworld charges $96.74 for an oil change kit with 6 qts of Red Line oil and Mahle filter, filter gasket and drain plug ring. GetBMWParts charges $121.10, (on sale for $96.00) for a genuine BMW oil change kit. Dealers near me regularly run oil change specials for around those same prices. I don't believe in waiting 10k miles for an oil change and had mine done at 5k. The dealer closest to me didn't have a sale going and I paid $159.84 out the door with taxes and all of the silly charges. I asked them not to reset the maintenance reminder and they didn't so the count down to my free 10k +/- service remains. I don't mind changing oil but I'm no longer setup with ramps and etc and honestly don't want to deal with collecting the oil and taking to recycling and etc. Now that I'm older I'd rather spend my car care time detailing my car. Just my 2 cents.
Oil change is super simple, as we all know. Botched oil change is super expensive. That is for me absolute MUST DIY.
Appreciate 0