New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M340i, Mineral White

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
2013 125i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Has anyone had trouble activating drive recorder after purchasing from the portal?
It hasn't appeared in the Apps List, and when a manual update/refresh is requested (via option button) it fails to do anything....grumble.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSUV4Me View Post
Has anyone had trouble activating drive recorder after purchasing from the portal?
It hasn't appeared in the Apps List, and when a manual update/refresh is requested (via option button) it fails to do anything....grumble.
I purchased it from the drive store today for my M340i , and the app appeared in my car apps within 5 minutes. I don't think it downloads the feature as such; its probably already there and when you buy it, an activation is sent to the car.
It's easy to configure and you can set it to automatic to start anything up to 20 secs before a prang and 20 seconds after. Hopefully never needed.
Or you can activate it manually by a long press on the camera button by the gear shift.
I've tried it a couple of times and it works fine.
I resisted the urge to order it until my in car software was stable; it was upgraded to 03/2020/44 last week and everything works really well now.
oh, and after I bought it, my Phone Drivers Guide App was updated to include instructions on how to use Drive Recorder. I'm a bit surprised that that happened!
Appreciate 0