View Single Post
      11-08-2020, 01:52 AM   #69
Yorkshire330e
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330e

The girlfriend took my car out, I got the update notification on my phone, she got the message in the car (which she only mentioned this crucial news a day later!).

I just sat in the car on the drive and it updated, didn’t have to drive anywhere and electric charge was at zero too. It hung on 2% for an age, jumped to something like 32%, then 64% then hung around 90% for ages and crept up to 100% in dribs and drabs. What I noticed was if I left the connected app on my phone, as in exited it, there was a message on screen in the car saying to stay in the connected app as the transfer works faster!? Seems a little odd but I certainly didn’t have to drive round for it to transfer from phone to car once it’d downloaded...

On another note - has everyone’s Alexa connected skill stopped working last few weeks? Mine has, it’ll open the skill and say welcome to bmw connected and then nothing. Usually removing the skill, re linking accounts sorts it but not this time. Am on all latest software versions of apps/skill, iOS etc...
Appreciate 1