11-08-2020, 05:05 AM   #71
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkshire330e View Post
The girlfriend took my car out, I got the update notification on my phone, she got the message in the car (which she only mentioned this crucial news a day later!).

I just sat in the car on the drive and it updated, didn’t have to drive anywhere and electric charge was at zero too. It hung on 2% for an age, jumped to something like 32%, then 64% then hung around 90% for ages and crept up to 100% in dribs and drabs. What I noticed was if I left the connected app on my phone, as in exited it, there was a message on screen in the car saying to stay in the connected app as the transfer works faster!? Seems a little odd but I certainly didn’t have to drive round for it to transfer from phone to car once it’d downloaded...
Not everyone does, it's for those who are struggling to install due to the battery not being topped up, ie like myself who has only been doing short commutes and mainly with lights, wipers, heaters on etc.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0