11-09-2020, 05:46 AM   #84
Keith_C
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sussex_G20 View Post
I have a July 19 330i and have seen no sign of an update anywhere, done a manual check from in the car too and it still returns the no updates message.

Now I have had map updates so know the car physically connects and downloads. For some reason there is no update being made available as far as I can see.

Like many here I am living with continual glitches which occur from time to time so last week I contacted customer services with the following: -

My 330i M Sport Vin **** is showing no signs yet of any remote upgrade. I have not received any updates other than maps since my purchase in July 2019. I am aware the latest software is at least 07/2020.54 or later and have been living with the onboard system niggles requiring full shut down of the car etc. Please follow the BMW forums if you do not know of all of these!! I find the system glitches ruin a very good car and wish to take advantage of any fixes available.

My question is when can I expect my VIN to be added to the OTA roll out as I do not wish to have to make a visit to my dealer who will try to charge me for this service which should be free as it is OTA normally. I am aware of other owners in the UK who have been receiving updates on similar aged vehicles already but even forcing a check for updates in the car returns ‘No Updates Available’ and similarly in the App.

To which I received the following reply

Thanks for your email about your BMW 330i M Sport. I’m sorry to hear you’re experiencing issues with the current version of maps – I can understand your frustration.

The current version of maps you have is the most up to date version available for your vehicle. A further update hasn’t yet been released for your model and I’m unable to confirm a release date.

Obviously I have replied.........

I do NOT have any problem with maps

What I DO have a problem is with IDrive 7 Over the Air (OTA) updates.

Etc. etc.

All gone quiet though now
It's amazing for a premium brand to be so unaware of what is actually going on regarding their own products and what's even worse is the lack of ability to actual understand what someone is actually saying to them. It's like they just speed read it, take a few key words like map and update and ignored the actual content of the message.
M240i - Thundernight Metallic - Cognac Interior - M Technology Pack - Technology Plus Pack - Comfort Pack - HK - Driving Assistant - M Adaptive Suspension - 19" 893 M Double-spoke Bicolour Alloy Wheels - Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0