View Single Post
      05-20-2019, 01:50 PM   #44
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf60526 View Post
This to me gives me a huge pause if i was (I am) looking at the g20. The car gets released in March and in July gets an update? Odd...maybe i am out of the loop but i didn't know car companies do this.
It's not an update. It's a late launch. My prior employer car company and others will often ramp up product complexity over time at new launches to ensure the basics are properly in volume production. Typically, the second or third year are optimal, as first year issues have been recognized, changes prepared for a coordinated launch at V1 of the next year, and the car hasn't been around long enough for the planners to start typical seen or unseen cost reductions yet, as happens as the program ages. I'd at least wait for year 2 if you are not in a difficult lease timing situation or don't suffer from "firstonyourblockitis".
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1