View Single Post
      11-28-2021, 10:59 AM   #34
Scottish0177
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M340D touring Oxide grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Cadet View Post
Have now agreed with the Dealer that if there is no indication of the spec improving we will cancel the order in mid-Dec.

At present the indications aren’t good.

The Dealer is having more and more people reject or cancel orders across the product range. We agreed with them that if the company accepts the order then they should know they have the parts to build it. It seems certain if the motor manufacturers have a more arrogant attitude. Yes they need to keep the factories moving, but if they can’t actually build a certain version or spec then stop offering it. The UK car configurator will still let you build a car you can’t even order at the moment and with no warnings about shortages. BMW GB asked me to tell them which versions!! It was pointed out very firmly that it’s their system and they should know what they can’t build at present, and not expect the customers to tell them!
Just a crappy situation altogether, and one that bmw should take ownership of and start giving out up to date information to prospective buyers and those with orders already in.
It’s no wonder people are cancelling, but are they going to be better of elsewhere….probably not
For me I’ve always wanted to own a bmw and am in the position now to do so so I can put up with my ever changing build date for a bit but my attitude towards bmw as a company isn’t great as there is no excuse for not keeping customers in the loop…I’m an adult, if there are significant delays so be it, communicate that to me and I would know.
Appreciate 0