Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spederd View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Still butthurt because you were wrong eh?!?

Listen .......we, as a forum, are having a discussion, and everybody is offering/contributing their own viewpoints and perspectives from their own vantage points. Shit or get off the pot. You obviously have a reading comprehension issue. I've been on this forum 14 years. Don't come in here and preach to me about decorum.
No, I am not butthurt, if I remember correctly I was one of those who admitted it that you were right about the design.

My observation about the general sentiment was introduced regarding the topic of how the "average" people are going to like this design and if with this design BMW will be able to appeal to a broader range of customers. Since it was mentioned on the forum that BMW might try to appeal to certain customer groups by this new design. And I have mentioned what I saw on news sites and social media in relation to this topic.

Frankly, repeating "accept it" and now "shit or get off the pot" is neither arguing or having a conversation.
Comments about acceptance is me being frank about BMW's decision on design ethos. No amount of complaining or wishful thinking is going to change a decision whose genesis occurred 2 years ago. My "shit or get off the pot" statement basically meant......contribute something noteworthy or bounce. You are/were putting words in my mouth and/or twisting the intent behind certain things that I've stated.

This process has occurred as far back as I can remember. On Roadfly (...you might be too young in the tooth to remember that forum, but I could be wrong...), the E36 guys hated or complained about the E46; on E46Fanatics, a forum for which I moderate and have been on since 1999/2000, they hated or complained about the F8X, and so on. People complained about Bangle's controversial designs. This is the way things are. In a few years time, when IND is starting build threads where Bimmerpost members are drooling at the build (...which is NOT to suggest that everybody will love the front end of this car), we'll reflect back on these threads.
Props for ROADFLY mention. If you were around for the Richard Welty BMW DIGEST ... props to another old school Bimwad.
Appreciate 2