Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEnglish View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savageenterprise View Post
I looked at one in the showroom. A4 s line with a manual and just because of its limited production I thought it would be a cool car. The virtual cockpit and interior was beautiful too.

But the car sticker was like over 60k!!! I was like 60K for an A4, you've got to be kidding me. And that was the end of that
I'm assuming there was some ridiculous dealer markup on that. The A4 Ultra Sport (the limited production final run of the manual A4) was only $43K. Only 40 of those were produced.

That's how BMW dealers have killed the 1er and 2er. Hamstrung from the beginning from BMW AG/ BMW NA with a lack of a sedan, wagon or GT lift-back model and then what models are in stock are Optioned up to where they are right near the higher line 3er models. Then for dealer reps sell the benefits of the 3er. This Combined that with oodles of inventory of 3er and 4er models vs having to special order a 2er optioned the way you want it and the customer will most often take what's available.

Here in my area, most 2 series models were fully optioned out to just below M2 pricing, such that if you came in looking for an M240 and it was priced at 51-53k you were like wait what ?!

Savageenterprise it looks like the same happened to you.

BMW dealers sell M4 all day long to buyers that don't want to wait for an M2. Especially if all the M2 on the lot are optioned up vs an M4 which has more standard features and far more attractive lease rates ...
Appreciate 3