07-18-2019, 10:38 AM   #66
Miko M
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C. 2020 X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Product pricing has zero to do with the equation. Who will sell more QUANTITY and make more PROFIT? Apple on the iPhone or BMW from the 3 series. ?

Yes of course BMW COULD say something , but they WON'T . Which isn't a big surprise because they HAVENT. When they do say things it's hints and rarely confirmations.

For the last 3 decades BMW has tried to drop hints about getting rid of MT. They did it with the last 3 generations of M5 , finally killing 6MT By bringing in X drive as it has gotten bigger and bigger approaching 7 series size.

As the M3/M4 have approached and now reached former 5 series size , BMW is now trying to do the same with the M3/M4, considering M x Drive will likely kill off 6MT.

The M3 and M4 are far too large for me, but BMW has also in their infinite market wisdom also decided thus far not to bring in a small compact sedan in RWD as an M2 sedan.

Because They turned the M3 into a boat with the F8X generation. A compact RWD M2 sedan would still be a perfect item to have 6MT just like the M2.

A G87 coupe only without a "G85 - subtract two from the model number for the additional two doors - " sedan just seems silly to me.

The day has already come that BMW has refused to make a compact sedan in RWD.

When people accused BMW of " losing its way " throughout the early 2010s I resisted that kind of talk. Now however, I am far more convinced.
I doo agree.
I sold mine F90 M5 because I want MT to take it on track every weekend if possible.

But yes the cars are just blowing in size and weight.
I guess people could plane better if they have just a little more info.
Like MT is coming for sure but not known if is with CP model or AWD and do on