03-14-2019, 08:26 AM   #22
Unknown_Car
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Few and diffrent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelshund View Post
Too embarrassed to admit which iteration of the Galaxy I'm still using but I'm ready to upgrade. Popped inside a T-Mo store to see what's up and was immediately steered towards the trio of Galaxy S10s. Basically:
S10e - $800
S10 - $900
S10+ - $1000
All three were light years ahead of my S, uh... nevermind (although - the rep did offer $150 for ol' Bessie as trade-in).
Nevertheless, I did my due diligence on the www before pulling the trigger on a product that'll be tethered to me from wake-up to beddy-bye for the next several years.
I was surprised at some of the stuff I read from reputable outlets.
Especially,
"Every Galaxy S10 model is fitted with UFS 2.1 storage, despite Samsung announcing the commercial availability of UFS 3.0 which is twice as fast and more efficient, so it has less battery drain." (Forbes)
Apparently,
UFS 2.1 tranfers 23.2Gbps
UFS 3.0 transfers 11.6Gbps
resulting in "apps loading and responding dramatically faster."
Also,
UFS 2.1 has 3.3V power supply
UFS 3.0 has 2.5V power supply
resulting in:
-huge performance boost
-less power consumption
-longer battery life
You may be saying, "So what buttercup? They didn't use 3.0 so get over it."
Well peep this... Evidently,
"Samsung has*already confirmed*the Galaxy Fold will have UFS 3.0 when it launches next month and every Samsung flagship phone will feature this next-generation storage from now on."
Here's a kicker - when the Galaxy S9 was released it went for $720. In one month the model had lost 41.66% of its value. In nine months it'd lost nearly 60% and was worth $290. Heck, it takes several years for even a bimmer's price to be cut in half.
Can you imagine how quick and how much this new S10 will depreciate when Samsung starts dropping superphones in a month? Guess 'ol Bessie is sticking around for a little longer.
Tell me where I can get a s9 for 299?? I will buy some of them and sell for 550. That's a lie what your saying.
DocRace 6266 single turbo.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00