View Single Post
      10-12-2020, 05:49 PM   #116
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by super51fan View Post
Not just the Supra 2.0 existing, but it existing in the US where it is DOA in the marketplace. It was obviously cheap and easy for it to be developed since the Z4 30i was/is already developed, but there still has to be a market for it to be brought to the US. Toyota clearly thinks there is a market for a ~250hp sports coupe.

This also brings up another good point. The 86 getting an NA 2.4L doesn't make sense for an economical car outside of the US since it will have increased taxes due to the additional .4L.
It may be offset by 30% cheaper to start? I don't know, I'm not a higher up there. Just speculating off what they are actually doing vs what I want them to do.

I'd love to see a gnarly 320hp turbo BRZ with Brembo's and proper suspension from the factory. But I suspect the market for a $45k BRZ is incredibly small.

You can buy a Camaro SS 1LE with track warranty for less than that.

So my guess is that keeping it sub-$30 minus the performance package (like on the current ones that added a few k to the price) so the young guys can buy is the reason.

When I had mine, I didn't know many (actually any) middle guys with a family owning one. When I bought mine at 32 I was already one of the "old guys" that owned a BRZ.
Appreciate 1