View Single Post
      02-08-2019, 09:17 PM   #261
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
My concern with G26, is BMW has more incentive to push that car up market with premium cost over the sea of 330i and 340i. So when it is released in 2020+, without a huge infrastructure for batteries and dedicated EV production line, the price will be at a premium.
I think this is more likely to happen if the underlying platform doesn't work out to be price competitive with Tesla: BMW will then have to hide the extra cost, and the easiest way to do it is with premium features and overpriced options. And this will be a mistake because by then competing on price will be the only way to limit Tesla's market capture.
Quote:
Tesla though, is already there with the Model 3 minus some quality control and customer service. I am driving a black Model 3 right now on a extended test drive. The car handles better than all my previous BMWs, and the interior makes more sense by the day.
Ah. Wait until you get back into your current car after driving the Model 3 for a few days. Everything will become clear then.
Appreciate 0