Drives: BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by firetitanx View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bris-M340i View Post
Quote:
Black Armour, its ok on the side windows but apparently not good on the rear
That sux. Surely the installer should have enough experience to identify where it will or won't work. They are the experts. The least they can do is try another film type for you or find a solution. That's just not good enough and I would argue the point if I was you.

I'm getting 3M window tinting on Thursday. Any tips to avoid this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bris-M340i View Post
Quote:
Black Armour, its ok on the side windows but apparently not good on the rear
That sux. Surely the installer should have enough experience to identify where it will or won't work. They are the experts. The least they can do is try another film type for you or find a solution. That's just not good enough and I would argue the point if I was you.

I'm getting 3M window tinting on Thursday. Any tips to avoid this issue?
Yup that's what I thought , my argument is if the tinter knew there was an issue why did they not tell BMW and then they would not offer it to their customers

The issue is not something insignificant , you notice it straight away at night , so I am not sure why this issue was not picked up before
Our model has been out for 1 and a half years already !! So they must have tinted lots of our cars before and surely somebody must of complained

When I spoke to the second tinter he said he uses Solarguard , he said that 3M was very good but something about it was difficult to get stock from them

I just want to drive the car now and be happy after waiting 4 and a half months and basically all my life to get this car I will just have the rear tint removed and drive it at least I know there won't be any issues
If I find it destroys the look later on down the line I might just remove all the tint from all the windows and redo it with solar guard or another brand and another tinter

Sorry no other tips I can give except , please ask the tinters when they tint to cover your seats and your speakers in the rear parcel shelf as there is a lot to water splashing around when they do it and you don't want that sitting On your beautiful leather

Ah and ask for a non reflective tint on the back if that's possible as apparently this glaring is caused by the reflective nature of the tint

And please test it at night and let the tinter know if there are glares then the type of tint needs to be changed

I will let you know what it looks like without the tint only next week though so that may be too late as maybe the rear is dark enough and you may not even need to tint the back

Ah also get a proper guarantee certificate from your tinter just in case there are any issues

Good luck and let me know if you go 3M and if it's good maybe I will do that next
Will let you know how I go. Good luck with yours too.
Appreciate 0