View Single Post
      07-05-2020, 09:55 AM   #984
Skyrider01
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550ix, 2020 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanw1996 View Post
Yeah I figured its pretty behind. I'm not in a rush since I still have my current Audi lease through the end of July, but my understanding is that BMW FS locks in your rates and deal for 60 days, so I'm hoping it won't go past that time frame. I've heard that they can lock it in longer if the car takes too long, but not sure how accurate that is.

The good news is once it gets to NY (the port is actually in NJ though) my dealer is right over the tunnel so it'll probably be pretty quick once its offloaded.
Yes, the rates are locked in for 60 days but here is the deal - at least at my dealership. I have ordered 2 BMW in the past year and a half which have taken more than 60 days from order to delivery.

The dealer will resubmit the finance/lease application before it expires to renew it. If the rates are better, you will get that, if not, you should be locked in to the previously agreed upon numbers. The down side is that they will run your credit report again. You may have to remind your SA to resubmit the application.
Appreciate 0