03-31-2016, 01:41 PM   #14
Twixboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 Z4 3.0i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
shit i live here ! Framingham is a good town, been getting destroyed by downtown and its projects. Its surprising how they could squeeze so much negative in such a small downtown area surrounded by very good and safe towns and area in general. Illegals, homeless, shooting (happened some years ago during daylight), prostitution, and now that...

I live south of rt.9, there are multi million dollar houses here next to that elite golf course and Macomber Estate area

PS. been thinking about buying a house in Hudson maybe or Holliston. Some affordable decent towns, not sure about schools and general real estate appreciation
Typically towns like Hudson and Holliston do not see much real estate appreciation and when there is a housing downturn they are the first to see prices drop like a rock. There are 2 main factors that affect housing prices in the Boston area: reputation of the schools and commuter options (highway or train access). Neither Hudson nor Holliston have good transportation options, but Holliston does have good schools. I'd say Framingham has better appreciation prospects than either town because it's still relatively affordable and has good infrastructure. If I had to choose one of the 3 to settle down and raise a family, I'd pick Holliston hands down. If I were single I'd choose Framingham because it has more amenities and better access to Boston. I should note that Hudson is actually gaining popularity with the empty nester crowd though because its downtown area has undergone a major transformation over the past decade with new restaurants and coffee shops. It's also the most affordable of the 3 due to being the farthest away from Boston. If you work in Worcester or Marlborough it could work for you. I wouldn't send my kids to school there though.
Appreciate 0