07-23-2019, 09:36 AM   #852
TRZ06
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe240 View Post
The corvette has always been my attainable dream car and after seeing the C8, I kinda wish I had held off on the G29 Z4. Reason I didn’t get a C7 was because I knew the C8 was around the corner, my local dealer wasn’t willing to work on pricing, and the base C7 wasn’t that appealing to me as my sights were set on the grand sport or z06.

But then I quickly remember that this is a new generation corvette, using a brand new electrical system, by GM none the less. There are going to be quite a few bugs to work out I’m sure and with a new baby, I won’t have time to spend at the dealership to get things fixed. Plus the level of customer service is night and day between BMW and Chevy dealerships. I hated having to fight the dealership here to fix the 8 speed in my ‘18 ZR2, them conveniently never having a loaner car for me to use, ultimately making me drive an hour away to another dealership that did the fix the first time I got there.

The C8 is a steal of a car, even in base configuration, for under $60k starting. But unless Chevy can fix their corporate warranty policy and enforce better customer service at their dealerships, the Supra and Z4 will provide the same level of enjoyment as the C8, at the same price, where these cars spend 99% of their useable life (the streets of America).
If they carry over the quality from the Gen 6 Camaro, I'm not worried. After 1 year of ownership, my SS1LE has been spot on so far.

Im looking forward to a C8 in 2-3 years from now
13' Audi TTRS (APR stage 1, MSS springs)
09' C6 Z06
08' M3 Interlagos Blue: 6sp, Tech.
Appreciate 0