View Single Post
      08-07-2020, 07:53 PM   #3
Firaxis
Captain
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskyPat12 View Post
As always with something like this, depends on what you want.

My choice was coming from a 440i, I went with the M340ix because of the usability and all the new tech my 4 series lacked. It’s my daily driver and I love it. Very comfortable and has enough power to play with.

I drove an M4 (not a cs) and wouldn’t want one as a daily... a ton of fun to drive, but just not worth it IMO for a daily as far as comfort.

Probably less relevant to your question is that I needed an all wheel drive instead of a rear wheel drive because of a relocation.
I'm going to play devils advocate on this one, half my office has an M3 / M4. I rarely see them on the road but in the tech industry they seem a dime a dozen oddly.

If you've got that kind of money to throw at a wall suspension means nada, most of them have AC Schnitzer (or equiv) upgrades etc. etc. the only place you can use M340i power / M4 power is on a track. Unless you're fortunate enough to buy one cash finance doesn't permit track days on a regular 3 series.

Some of the office people drop more than the cost of a replacement suspension every time they track it for new wheels / pads etc.

They keep pushing me to get one but I'm like you.. Never saw the appeal but for different reasons. Although when presented with both at the same cost it becomes a different option.

Ride comfort sorted we're still talking a very different level of cars. Of course preference is still key but it seems madness in a sense. BMW's primary line flagship on equal cost value..
Appreciate 0