10-27-2019, 01:23 AM   #11
Burnzie’s BM
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejigsaw View Post
Has anyone managed to get their fully charged new 330e to show more than 26 miles of range when fully charged? Mine was at 26 miles when I collected it from the dealer, but when I charged it on Sunday, it only went to 24 even with pre-conditioning so it was super warm......

I'm curious how the stated WLTP range (city, mild weather) could be 35 miles if the very best charge at outset when warm shows as 26, though typically around 24 miles.........

Anyone else have better fully charged range indications?
Mine arrived last Thursday also with a full charge showing 22 miles to the battery, after the first charge it went up to 24 range and the past 2 charges it never exceeded 24.

Still unsure on which Hybrid setting to run this on.

Standard or Eco Plus? I think the later is designed to be used while the sat nav is directing you to a location but can’t help think that the user manual doesn’t really help to which one will return the best range.

BMW have said that the cold weather will take a chunk out of the battery range but as I was initially going Tudor the 2018 model with its 20 mile (12- 14 real figures) range I opted to wait until the supposedly doubled 2019 version.

I would of thought the battery range indicator would at least show the 40 mile range (or higher) and not the 24 mile we are mostly seeing.

I didn’t really want to be constantly watching the battery level but with this being lower than I expected I can’t help driving with one eye on what the battery is doing.

My first real work trip was around 60 miles and the car between petrol and battery returned a 67 mpg reading so it’s already better than my old Lexus IS300h hybrid which returned around 47 mpg.

I’ll keep an eye on my range and this forum to see if it increases.

Take care guys and happy driving.
Appreciate 0