View Single Post
      07-12-2019, 02:47 PM   #33
Picoschu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 03 E39 M5, 01 325iT, 17 328dxT

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueF87M2 View Post
lol , this M2 is not here for the 1M , if it was like this , the 1M was there because of the E46 M3 or E30 M3 or 2002 turbo .. the M2 continues the same compact sport coupe since the 2002 . Its a must in a production line , since the m3/4 is getting bigger and more like a gt car . As well i dont believe the next supra will be here in 20 years . First of all its not a supra but anyway .. we re in 2020 and the real thing is marketing . Thats why the OG M2 is one of the last analoque and raw cars . M2C and CS etc of course is better but not that simple and raw . And not that analoque , i prefer for example the suspension not to be like the M2C or M3/4 . More raw , simple , as it used to be .
Maybe you misunderstood me. The current Supra (ToyoBMW) is the first Supra since 2002, it's been almost 20 years since Toyota made another Supra. That's a fact.

As for the M2, I believe BMW was encouraged to create an M2 because of the great appeal for the 1M. In a sense, the M2 is the little brother of the 1M, except the M2 is less raw because it has electric steering and artificial engine noises coming through the speakers lol

I wouldn't even classify the 1M with the E30/E46 or 2002 because it was a very limited production vehicle and only produced for 1 year. Also, it shared many suspension and brake parts from the E90 M3 and the motor was from the Z4. The E30/E46 M3 was never produced in that same manner. Sure there was a CSL version that was limited production, but from my understanding it didn't share parts off of other M models.
Appreciate 1