11-22-2019, 11:03 PM   #60
tareemaa
Bimmer Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
They will offer an automatic AWD version for people who need to put the power down.

I've said this many times but a lot of us love RWD specifically because it will bust the tires loose and dance around, that's half of the fun. Do I care that my friend's RS6 can accelerate more quickly than I can? Nope.

With that said, I'm actually becoming less excited by RWD shenanigans and more tired of paying for rear tires so I honestly think I would go for the AWD + automatic variant if I go for a G80 M3 in the future. I've been having a lot of fun in the F90 M5s I've driven.
All my cars have snow tires, I'll be the first to say snows on a rwd >>> awd with all seasons. My F80 has a stage one and bolt ons and it's not even about gunning off the line, even at highway speed this things lights up the traction control. Cars are getting way too powerful for a single axel.

I'm no pro but I also feel having awd brings some feedback back into these electro steering racks. My 911 4S is a lot more communicative than a 2S.

If I'm getting the G80 it'll be rwd manual but it's no longer a no brained how it has been. Plenty of nice awd automatic cars out there and if a fully loaded M340 is in the mid 60s this shots gonna be in the mid 80s. There's a lot of car that can be bought for that kind of money.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50