SteveAus
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: G20 M340iX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR33R View Post
I have the same problem as you Steve. Sunroof stopped tilted up and sunshade half way open. When I tried to tilt it down and or close the sunshade nothing would happen. I did get "Initialise the Sunroof" message. I did that as per instructions and the tilt works fine now but the sunshade and slide won't work.
Looks like I have to either call BMW support or visit my dealer.
Let us know how you go with yours.
In my case I could not initialize the sunroof. After 15-20 secs of pressing the tilt button, all I could hear was the clicking of a relay switch. This is the same problem I had with the first failure of the sunroof.
At the dealer, the mechanics pulled the roof centre console and the FZD module contained within. They then did a manual reset, and were then able to initialise the sunroof mechanism.
The sunroof is working properly now, but I’m concerned that it will become faulty again. This is because the “fix” is the same as the one the dealer did 9 months ago. To me, this is not good enough.
I see this as a temporary fix and have asked the dealer to contact BMW for a permanent fix. My suspicion is that the FZD is dodgy and needs to be replaced. My worry is that the problem reoccurs when I’m 100 km from home on a wet winter day.
As this sunroof problem is a known issue worldwide, I would like BMW to find a permanent solution.