View Single Post
      08-01-2019, 01:47 AM   #1
Domansky
Rep
Drives: BMW F26

Exclamation Errors with GPS, Connected Drive, Emergency SOS

I apologize for the bad English.

The car took away on May 23. May 29 found a GPS error. On the way, the car navigation began to show on the screen that I was in another place at a distance of 100-200 meters. It happened in the evening. The next morning, the navigation showed correctly. This error was repeated about 10 times. With this error, they stopped working: the weather application, calling BMW help (from the menu of the car itself), calling the SOS. A couple of times a navigation error was cured by making the car reset to factory settings. After the reset, the map showed that I was in Munich, but after 1-2 minutes it showed the exact position of the car. Yesterday morning the navigation worked well while driving to work. At the end of the trip, she began to show that the car was at a distance of 7 km on the street on which I drove 15 minutes ago. I thought weirdly and reset the car (in the settings menu) to the factory state. Since then (already 24 hours) the navigation shows that the car is stationary in Munich. Even when I drive, the cursor on the map does not move. Connect Drive also stopped working. I can’t get through the SOS button either.
I have a Wi-Fi OBD diagnostic tool and a Bimmerlink app (iPhone). Made a diagnosis. There are errors in half of the car blocks.

I suspect that you need to update the software of all units at a BMW dealer.

Appreciate 0