10-07-2019, 07:53 PM   #51
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrh View Post
I traded in my f80 for the m340i. They are very different cars, in speed, handling...and luxury. I wanted something quick (tough to beat the raw power of the f80), more luxurious and more comfortable. I feel that's the target BMW is going for, with the m340i. The f80 is a great car if you want raw power. The car pulls like freight train...it just keeps going. I had it for 2 years and only fully opened it up, twice. I don't track my cars, so for me, it was a bit excessive. The m340i provides ample speed and handling, while being comfortable, with great tech features. I just wish it looked as nice as the f80. Once I lower it a bit and add personal touches. I'll enjoy looking at it, more.
Good post, many here can't fathom that not everyone wants an M3/M4. For some people the 330i shall suffice and for others it's the M340i. Everybody here knows it's not an M3. Besides, there are many cars that can outperform an M3 so why stop at an M3/M4.

BMW did well in making something for everyone. It's already been established that the M2C is the best drivers car BMW currently makes. Even then, the M2C is not ideal for everyone.