View Single Post
      12-19-2022, 09:02 AM   #108
springerdrive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340xi

Viofo A229 Duo - Cellink Neo - 2022 BMW M340xi

This is the first dashcam I've owned or installed. The scariest and hardest part was gathering information specific to the g20 and trying to grasp, in the abstract, how everything would work. I'm extremely grateful to all the good folks at dashcamtalk.com and at BlackBoxmyCar who patiently answered all my newbie questions. Additionally, I found information on the web specific to the g20.

The Viofo A229 is powered by a Cellink Neo Battery located in the trunk (boot). The Cellink is charged from a connection to the fusebox (F273), also in the trunk (boot) that powers off about 7 minutes after the car is turned off. I've added a Cellink Extended Battery and now have approximately 50 hours on parking mode. With a power cable and a rear camera cable running on adjacent sides from the front to the rear, all cabling is 99% hidden. I was amazed that I accomplished this on my first try!

Front Camera:

I could have hidden the front camera behind the mirror, but with this location, it's much more accessible.

Rear Camera:

The rear camera was originally mounted higher (more stealthy), but I was getting an antenna wire at the top of the frame. You'll notice in the video below that there's still a fuzzy horizontal line in the frame. I could not find a location that would eliminate that.

The Viofo A229 menu, through the front camera or the wifi-connected app, is very useful for making adjustments, downloading videos, and turning parking mode on and off when it's needed and when it's not. The Cellink Neo's Bluetooth app is also very useful to check the battery status and charge level.

Last edited by springerdrive; 12-19-2022 at 09:11 AM..
Appreciate 0