Rep
Drives: F80 M3, 228i THP, E46 ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer20 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3GymNut View Post
I'm in a bit of a bind. I only like to drive manual, but seeing how there are other versions that are better and more hp than the pure version it makes me feel BMW is almost pushing the base and comp for me to buy. And on top of all that the F80 I drive now has about the same HP as the G80 pure version...anybody feeling me or in the same boat mentally as me?
Yeah. Many people who would have previously bought the manual will be swayed by the extra 30-50hp of the other versions, which will reduce the take rate even more this generation. If this is how the configurations actually shake out, this is the nail in the coffin for the manual M3.

If you want this to change, buying whatever manual transmission M3 is available is the only way to help. Prove that there is still a business case for a manual version . . . "Protesting" by not buying an M3 won't help, as there won't be enough defectors to make a difference. If more people defect to RS or AMG, all that does is tell them that the DCT M3 has to be better.
There won't be a DCT M3 next generation. Automatic or Manual.
Ok, my point still stands.