View Single Post
      12-11-2021, 07:44 PM   #16
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

....a bit strange to compare a 30+ year old car with a brand new one....
I'm sure the GR yaris is great but I doubt it'll reach e30 M3 like status.
I know you guys dont get a lot of small hardcore hatchbacks in the US, but here in europe we've also had cars like the Clio RS cup versions and such, that might be more comparable with the GR Yaris (although FWD and now aging to 10-15 years), but although very much loved, they don't* reach iconic status like the E30 M3, Delta Integrale or Urquattro, and I doubt the GR Yaris will either.

But we'll see in about 30 years
So I wonder, is the GR Yaris a true homologation car or is it more of a hommage?
I thought homologation was more or less dead in WRC and that compensation for not having for example a 4wd version in the production line up was easily compensated. I mean I see that the wrc yaris is a 3 door and afaik the current yaris is only sold as a 5 door, and the GR yaris is a 3 door, but if that's it, it's not much of a homologation..

*)except of course for the insane Clio V6, but that car is of course in a different league for it's rarity
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 12-11-2021 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 0