10-18-2020, 07:36 AM   #15
OM3RTA
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport, Audi A3 2.0 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Glo View Post
Some point this year. Folks been taking their car in for warranty work and it's been declined. There are threads about it on the forum. It's not the coding as such but it's how apps like BimmerCode and Carly go about that coding... it can cause problems. Manufacturers like Audi have been flagging maps for years. So do BMW but now when a car goes in for routine service it's not just a map they flag but it's any coding that's not recognised by their servers and this gets uploaded to their Germany servers.

I was in John Clark Aberdeen last month and the service tech was explaining it all to me.
It's been awhile since I've had a look on the coding threads, which I assume has the discussions on?? I was going to wait until I had the Android Auto update before having a bit of coding down but after reading this I think I'll hold off to just before the warranty is up so cheers for the info.

It was just after the turn of the year I was last in JCA and I love going in there as they have an amazing variety of stock in
Appreciate 1
Soul_Glo13360.50