View Single Post
      06-01-2020, 04:48 PM   #97
PaulBhoy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330E Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricky6 View Post
Same issue. Considering they're meant to be administering the scheme I thought it was pretty piss poor. They wouldn't admit anything was wrong until I got our HR involved via a formal complaint.

I'm now waiting for my conformity cert and will have another go. I'm paying 10% going forward (and due a refund in next months pay) but from reading on here I think it should be 8%.

Is yours an M Sport or an M sport Plus (19" wheels)?
My Car is a standard M sport with No additional options. However i have been assisting a colleague today who has a higher spec car than me, also registered pre April 2020. His is a way higher spec than mine its a Plus edition 45k car with adaptive on 19" wheels. He sent for his CoC and it came back with an all electric range of 64km. That equates to 39.7 miles.

Our first reaction was , ah well we tried..its below the 40 miles mark needed to get into the 8% BIK..however we looked further into it.

The 12% BIK rate applies up to 39 miles...the 8% from 40 miles..so where does that leave 39.7 miles ?

HMRC themselves answer this deep in their rules. They state that where a CoC shows all electric range in Km a conversion to miles must be made. When this conversion is made it should be rounded UP to the nearest whole mile.

Therefore his car qualifies for 8% BIK with a 64km range on the CoC. Following this rule a 63km CoC electric range which is 39.1 miles would also be rounded up to the nearest mile and would qualify for 8% BIK.
Appreciate 4
tricky6239.50
paulf55.00
Codez4.50