03-25-2020, 12:45 PM   #6
TheRetroGuy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive mSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Ride comfort won't change between sport and comfort settings (obviously since you don't have adaptive suspension). 19's are definitely going to decrease your comfort level, but it's all relative to your interpretation of what's comfortable (especially as a daily driver). I would never own another car without adaptive suspension regardless of tire/wheel size.
As someone with 19" and adaptive, I agree that I don't think it will be a problem overall -- can be a bit jarring in sport mode with all season run flat tires but the Pilot 4S you suggested will help with that.

However, I don't understand what you mean that ride comfort wouldn't change between sport and comfort? They are night and day on my car. Adaptive is basically comfort mode with better leveling (less roll in turns, with less bouncing on higher speed interstate driving, sort of like sport driving but with a lot better cushioning against bumbs and vibration..kind of best of both worlds between sport and comfort). For me the difference between regular sport mode and comfort is very noticeable under almost every condition. Now sport individual is a bit different because I've got it set to sport engine with comfort suspension.
Appreciate 0