View Single Post
      08-09-2020, 01:06 AM   #9
3Seriesly
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 330i

*How to Display Apple CarPlay on Live Cockpit Pro*
I too was wondering how to do this and found a solution elsewhere but sharing here so Google’s algorithm (which conveniently displays this forum / discussion on this topic) So that my fellow BMW drivers like me can drive happily- enjoy!
1- Make sure you’ve got Live Cockpit enabled on your vehicle/model. You MUST have your device connected wirelessly to the car (not via Manual Spotify login).
Once you have this, play a song or playlist before moving to step 2, to ensure you’ll see it populate.
2- Once you’ve got Spotify playing wirelessly, use the “BC” switch, which is the opposite switch or lever to your windshield wipers. Pressing this will modify the info shown on the right side of your Live Cockpit screen. Once you toggle through, you’ll see Spotify / album art appear.
No need to “save” your setting after performing this action. Your driver profile will default to that view each time you enter the vehicle.

I, again, hope that this helps a few fellow BMW drivers out there. I hope through future iDrive updates we get some additional settings on Live Cockpit (CarPlay Album Art displayed in “reduced” mode, Size and modification to gas and speed displays, etc.) NOTE: If you’re vehicle is not a G20, 2019+ model, the above may not work. I have a 2020 330i Sedan for which this works.
Appreciate 0