View Single Post
      05-30-2018, 05:44 AM   #78
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
To see what is wrong with the NBA, you only have to look at last night's HOU/GSW game. WAY too much 3 point shooting and I'm talking about the whole league. Half of the total shots these "players" take are behind that stupid line. Idiot Houston 0-27 stretch? A record. haha Wow. I don't blame the players, I blame them partly, but it's the coach to say "WTF are you doing?" When I was growing up in the 80s/90s, if you couldn't play all you would do is shoot 3 pointers. Now everyone does it, even "players" who have NO BUSINESS shooting 3s. It's really unbelievable, annoying and sad. Why would I watch a game full of "players" who don't know how to play? Unless the league cracks down on this BS, or move the line further back, I will not watch or follow or anything, as I'm doing now. It makes me mad because I want to watch. I've been playing basketball since 2nd grade. I played on teams all the way through high school. I'll just stick with baseball.
It's actually not stupid at all, there's a reason they do it and they've backed it up the past 2 seasons (especially this last one) with the numbers. Not every team is capable of doing it, but Morey built this Rockets team with the 3 in mind. I agree that it's honestly not as much fun to watch, but neither is iso basketball. Houston can move the ball too though, and when they do, they're just as good as when they're raining 3's.

See this article for example:
https://nuscimag.com/the-revolution-...rs-2899415361e

Both Morey and D'Antoni are BIG on numbers, and they emphasize it with the players. It may be boring, and it may seem dumb, but it's not....it works. Look at the offensive records Houston broke this season, also the fact that they had the best record in the league, and more than likely would've been in the Finals had Chris Paul not gotten hurt (speculative assumption, I know, but we had beaten them 3 out of the last 4 games).

But just like anything else, there will always be times where it backfires or doesn't work as well as you hope. Unfortunately for us, it happened to be on our biggest game in the last couple decades when we were missing our leader and probably most important player. That's life :shrug:
Appreciate 2
shay2nak1070.00