View Single Post
      05-31-2018, 05:33 AM   #81
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shay2nak View Post
I don't know. To me, this is not the right way to play. I was naturally a very good shooter and shot 3s early on, but as I learned the fadeaway, stepback, crossover and finally to drive (hardest thing for me to learn) and basically to create my own shot, I never took a 3 again. Unfortunately for me, all these things came together after I quit the HS JV team. The coach was an a-hole. I tried out for the CSUN team as a walk-on my first semester. That was an interesting experience. Brand new balls that had no grip. lol
Yeah the 3 ball style is definitely not the most entertaining style of play....and as everyone saw this season with the Rockets, you can either live by it or die by it

But if you have the right shooters and team set up for it, it's really effective and nearly impossible to guard. D'Antoni barely even draws up plays, he just lets Harden and Paul go out and do whatever they want based on how things are feeling. With shooters always posted in the corners, and a pick and roll allowing Harden and Paul to go either direction or to one another (plus everyone likes to double up on Harden which will always leave another man free), teams struggle.....hard to know how to guard a team when that team doesn't even know what they're going to do yet
Appreciate 0