02-23-2022, 12:17 PM   #156
Merami fan
めらみぽっぷ fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 330i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVC View Post
If you don't have touchscreen, Android Auto is a pest you are much better off without. I got my car a few weeks ago, and I'm beyond frustrated with AA. It automatically launches as soon as you connect to Bluetooth; it's buggy and navigating the menus is a nightmare. You can't really use your phone as everything gets disabled on your phone. The quickest way to disconnect is to disable Bluetooth which of course disconnects your music, phone calls, etc. I wish I had a time mashineee so I could go back in time and not buy my stupid car.

If I could get it to stop disabling the phone functions, I could survive but this whole business of making the roads safer by annoying the crap out of drivers makes me wanna drive my car right through the offices of BMW, Samsung, and health and safety a** wipes, and their lawyers.
Apart from typing in an address, I think the control knob lets you get around AA just fine. Turn the wheel to move between items in an app or menu, push left/right to move between menus. Obviously a step below just tapping a screen in terms of intuitiveness, but not bad once you get used to it. Have you tried playing around with it while parked? Any specific examples of issues "navigating the menus?"

If you just want to disable AA, these two options should do:

1. Go into AA settings on your phone and disable Wireless AA (might be in Developer settings).
2. Turn off Wi-Fi instead of Bluetooth.

3? If you go to your saved Wi-Fi networks (or while connected) and forget the DIRECT-BMW ##### network, that may prevent it from auto-connecting in the future. I'm not 100% sure about this one. It might just auto-connect when paired via Bluetooth.
https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1w...1L3y6cmPEyGSoI
Appreciate 0