View Single Post
      08-02-2018, 11:57 AM   #42
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
IIRC OSU has an additional requirement of faculty to report abuse. It's a condition of employment. Meyer, his wife, and possibly the coaching staff could have violated that part of their employment contract. (UF probably has similar.)

The lack of charges doesn't mean that the physical abuse didn't occur. There are police reports (some allegedly modified after the fact) for every call since 2009.

Meyer made a deal with the devil by keeping this guy on his staff all these years.
let me tell you about this additional requirement...aka the University policy on Misconduct. It also applies to volunteers, vendors and visitors of the university. That's right, by you stepping foot on campus, you're bound by the need to report these situations. The misconduct policy goes above and beyond the basic Title IX requirements and puts a lot of responsibilities on people in leadership positions, when there isn't a proper training put in place to even define what is covered or not. Because I'm guessing he may have broken school code, and that's about it.

My point is this the university has to also look at itself and ask what they're all about and does some the requirement become too onerous.

All this goes out of the window of course if Urban actually knew and decided to cover it up.