View Single Post
      06-07-2021, 10:18 PM   #44
peteyrx7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 and 2021 BMW M240I

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
My mistake, I misread 45e for 40e. As far as lease vs buy: was the $7500 passed on as a cap reduction? As with any lease comparison, the residual factor and discount really make or break the deal, but the incentives push it over the edge of insanely good. When I leased my i3, the RV was 61% because you can do a 30 month lease, which happens to be the minimum amount you need to lease for the state rebate. Did you look at a 30 moth as opposed to a traditional 36 month lease? Let's hope the i4 has an inflated RV as the i3's did.
From what I recall, no, the federal credit did not show up as a cap cost reduction, only the clean fuel rewards in CA was passed along which was $1500 of the total $9000 of ev related credits the car qualified for. The purchase on the other hand provided a full $9000 of EV credits along with another 2500 finance credit, 1000 loyalty, and I also had an OL code for a BMW event. Unlike the lease, I also didn't need to incur lease inception/return fees or incur all interest costs up front, as is done on a lease. The only downside to the purchase was paying tax on the full sale amount. All told, the 45e wound up being significantly cheaper to buy than a comparable X5 Xdrive 40i.
Appreciate 0