Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossodio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrared93 View Post
Interesting review of the Michelin A/S 4

For those of us that live in areas of the USA that get cold and sometimes snowy and don't wish to have two sets of wheels and tires, this sounds like a decent alternative once it becomes available in our needed size(s).
For anyone here who knows the Michelin A/S 4 well... I am in Greenville, SC. Maybe a couple of snows a year, rarely more than 2-3 inches, and they don't stick around for long. It almost never hits single digit (Farenheit) temps here. There is some black ice around at times but even the best winter tire would struggle on that. Gets in the 90's regularly in the summer. When my 2021 M340i comes to me in the beginning of March next year, I was thinking of getting Michelin Pilot 4S for the summer and Michelin A/S 4 for the winters here once they come around to fit the square OEM 18" wheels which I think are 225's(!)... unless you guys think the A/S 4 would perform admirably throughout the year in this kind of climate with little performance/comfort difference from the summer tires for a very spirited daily driver.
I imagine the A/S 4 would do well for you. I am in Ohio and run a staggered set of A/S 3+ year around on my M340i. I am really happy with their performance. They definitely wouldn't compete with a Pilot Sport 4S on the track, but the A/S 3+ has been great for anything you can get into on the road. My car came with run flat summer tires on it and the A/S 3+ has handled just as well on the road as the summers that came on my car. Until Michelin comes out with the size needed to complete a staggered setup on the M340i your best bet is probably to look at reviews of the A/S 3+ on the M340i since it looks like the A/S 4 is an improvement to the A/S 3+.
Appreciate 1