11-14-2018, 06:33 PM   #34
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
So CarPlay is an option that requires the premium package AND requires a yearly subscription fee along with that? Seems a bit much. I thought they were going to include it for all cars and you could choose whether or not to pay for it.

Wireless charging is $500. Geez. I guess this shouldn't be too surprising especially for the first year.

On another note, it looks like the non runflat tires are only available with the track package which requires adaptive suspension. Bummer. The only way to get the LSD and M Sport Brakes are by ordering the track handling package. Again, I assume this is only for the first year run. A real THP should come with passive dampers, IMO.
The CarPlay subscription thing is the biggest absurdity in bmws portfolio right now.... it's being cheap for the sake of being cheap.... it's fast becoming a consumer expectation for it to be included standard. Think about it this way they had the engineering cost for integrating it and then increased their costs engineering the remotely managed subscription.
Appreciate 2