View Single Post
      01-18-2020, 03:31 AM   #1
BMKILLA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530e

M Performance Side Skirt Fitting Question

Hi Guys,

New G20 owner here. I have only just picked the car up but have already received some of the original m performance parts I plan to fit to the car. After looking at the side skirts which run 3/4 of the sill length I can see there are 14 rivet holes and also what seems to be a small 5mm channel running along the top of the inside of the part, this looks like it will take either a 5mm wise piece of double sided tape or maybe even a bead of sealant of some kind.

Does anyone have an understanding of how this is correctly fitted please? My dealer was helpful to a point but would obviously want to fit the kit themselves. I found a video on YT of someone fitting a set of carbon ones but they just used tape underneath and popped a few screws in, the problem with that is when I dry fit the skirts they do not fit air tight to the side of the car, when you push them they move a little, the same if you put any tape there as the tape thickness allows a 0.5 or 1mm push (or thicker depending on the tape thickness).

If anyone has a set installed and can see if there is any movement against the side of the car or any information on how the dealer would fit it would be greatly appreciated.

I do have them temporarily fitted to me car but can’t see how to upload from my iPad, once I figure out I will pop them up.

Cheers guys,

JJ
Appreciate 0